|Occupation||First President of NYSE (1817-1818)|
Stockholm served as president of the exchange from 1817 to 1818.
The exchange, which had been created in 1792 with the signing of the Buttonwood Agreement, was formally organized with a constitution drafted in 1817. Stockholm then served as the first president of the New York Stock & Exchange Board. The name was later shortened to the New York Stock Exchange in 1863.
- The History of the Stock Market. Hermes-Press.com.
- NYSE. New York Stock Exchange.
- Who Started the NYSE. www.mysmp.com.
- 'Jersey Shore' Cast Rings Opening Bell At NY Stock Exchange; Or, Is Nothing Sacred?. NPR.
- Anthony Stockholm. FactualWorld.