Carbon dioxide futures
Futures on carbon dioxide allowances are traded at several exchanges worldwide:
- The Montreal Climate Exchange launched CO2 futures in May of 2008.
- The Chicago Climate Futures Exchange (CCFE) began trading CO2 futures on November 18, 2008. The futures may be used under a potential mandatory cap-and-trade program as early as 2013.
- The New York Mercantile Exchange's Green Exchange venture lists a Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) CO2 Allowance Futures Contract.
- The European Climate Exchange (ECX) trades futures and options contracts on CO2 EU allowances traded under the EU Emissions Trading Scheme.
- European Energy Exchange (EEX)
- Bluenext offers EUA Futures and CER Futures contracts for allowances and credits.
- U.S. Carbon Futures Start Trade as Low as $11.75/Ton. Bloomberg.
- "NYMEX to Launch Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) CO2 Allowance Futures, Options Contracts as Part of its Green Exchange Venture". The Green Exchange.