|Products||Alternative trading system for Canadian listed securities|
Chi-X Canada, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chi-X Global, is an alternative trading system (ATS) for the trading of Canadian listed securities from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm ET. It is the largest ATS platform in Canada. 
Its two platforms - Chi-X Canada and CX2 - both provide market-agnostic smart routing, advanced order types, trade reporting, risk management tools, historical market data and cross connectivity services. Chi-X Canada offers a strict price/time priority structure. CX2 offers price-broker priority. Chi-X Canada's introduction of CX2 in May of 2013 brought the total number of Canadian ATSs to five. 
In December 2015 Nasdaq said it would acquire Chi-X Canada in a deal expected to close in the first quarter of 2016. The exchange had been put up for sale earlier in 2015 after receiving unsolicited offers.
Chi-X Global, was launched in February 2008 by Instinet, with Canadian listed securities trading on its Chi-X Canada ATS. The following month, the exchange became the first Canadian market center to offer smart order routing. By May 2010 Chi-X Canada's market share had surpassed 10 percent.
Products and Services
- Dan Kessous, Chief Executive
- Chi-X Canada press release. Chi-X Canada.
- Nasdaq wins race to purchase Chi-X Canada. The Financial Times.
- CX2 Report Card. Chi-X Canada.
- Canada's ATS Battle Heats Up With New Entrant. Traders Magazine.
- Nasdaq to Acquire Chi-X Canada. Nasdaq.
- Chi-X Global Announces New Equity Investors. Chi-X.
- Chi-X Said Exploring Sale Valuing Market at $400 Million. Bloomberg.
- Nasdaq buys Chi-X Canada. Finextra.