|Occupation||President and Co-Founder of The Hightower Report|
David Hightower is president and co-founder of The Hightower Report, a stocks and commodities forecast service. The company distributes comprehensive daily research reports to over 3,000 locations in 45 countries worldwide. In July of 2008, Hightower told Futures Magazine that his research is often white-labeled, and many times the end user isn't aware of its origin.
Hightower was quoted in a 2008 BusinessWeek article as saying that at the beginning of his career, prices in the agricultural commodities markets were dictated mainly by what occurred in a "500-mile circle around Decatur, Il." but that influences now "come from every corner of the world, and that's increased volatility."
Until recently, Hightower was a principal with a commodity trading advisor (CTA). Prior to founding The Hightower Report, he was director of research at commodity brokerage firm Stotler & Company, where he directed over 40 analysts.
In his over 25 years in commodity research, he has also served as an options specialist at the commercial level and has been responsible for strategy decisions using options on futures at several companies. He's worked with regulatory agencies as a witness on various issues regarding hedging procedures, validating various research projects and in preparing government trial efforts.
- Online Competition and Commoditization. Futures Magazine.
- What Do We Mean By A Global Studies Perspective. Center for Global Studies, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Press Release. Dow Jones Indexes/ Yahoo! Finance.
- David Hightower On The Explosion In Commodities Markets. BusinessWeek.
- Today's Fast Break. Fast Break.
- Speakers. OptionsXpress.
- David Hightower - About The Expert. Money Show.