Industry Clearing Committee
|Industry Clearing Committee|
|Products||ISDA Committee Formed To Coordinate Smooth Central Counterparty Clearing|
The Industry Clearing Committee is a committee started by the International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Inc. (ISDA). The ICC consists of a broad cross-section of over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives industry market participants.
The ICC was formed in June 2011 with the stated goal of meeting current and emerging industry needs in respect of clearing. More specifically, the ICC would assist in coordinating industry efforts to reach optimal levels of central counterparty clearing and to address obstacles in achieving those levels.
Products and Services
The structure of the ICC is divided into three primary elements:
- The Plenary Group: This group consists of all current members of, IIGC plus non-IIGC signatories to the March 31, 2011 strategic roadmap, plus others. The Plenary Group is the decision-making group within the ICC structure that is responsible for making all industry recommendations relating to the ICC’s work.
- The Organizational Group: this is the administrative and coordinating group of the ICC, and is a sub-set of the Plenary Group. It is comprised of four sell-side, four buy-side and four CCP participants.
- The Working Groups: These are practical/technical groups formed to deal with specific issues and tasks.
- Press. SIFMA.
- ISDA Unveils Members, Mission Of Industry Clearing Committee. Nasdaq.
- ICC Membership List. ICC.