Robin Hood Foundation
|Robin Hood Foundation|
|Headquarters||New York, NY USA|
The Robin Hood Foundation is a philanthropic organization dedicated to fighting poverty in New York City. 
Established in 1998, Robin Hood focuses on poverty prevention through programs in early childhood, youth, education, jobs and economic security. It also funds basic survival programs in healthcare, hunger, housing and domestic violence. It partners with more than 240 poverty-fighting nonprofit organizations in New York City.
Fully 100 percent of donations are used to fund programs; this is facilitated by Robin Hood’s board of directors, which underwrites all of the organization's fundraising and administrative expenses.
The Robin Hood Foundation's board of directors is from a wide swath of the community, representing commerce, finance, philanthropic organizations and entertainment.
- Robert Pittman, Robin Hood Chair; Partner, Pilot Group, LLC
- Lee S. Ainslie III, Robin Hood Vice Chair; Managing Partner, Maverick Capital Management, LLC
- Dirk Ziff, Vice Chair, Chairman, Ziff Brothers Investments
- Victoria B. Bjorklund, Partner, Simpson Thacher and Bartlett
- Lloyd C. Blankfein, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
- Scott Bommer, President, SAB Capital Management
- Peter F. Borish, Director and Board Member, Pali Holdings, Inc.
- Tom Brokaw, NBC News
- Geoffrey Canada, President and CEO, Harlem Children's Zone
- Maurice Chessa, Director, Bedford Stuyvesant–I Have a Dream Program
- Richard L. Chilton, Jr., President and CEO, Chilton Investment Company, Inc.
- Steven A. Cohen, Chairman and CEO, S.A.C. Capital Advisors, LLC
- Glenn Dubin, Co-Founder and Managing Member, Highbridge Capital Management
- Marian Wright Edelman, President, Children`s Defense Fund
- Richard S. Fuld, Jr., Chairman and CEO, Lehman Brothers
- Jeffrey R. Immelt, Chairman and CEO, General Electric Co.
- Paul Tudor Jones II, Founder, Chairman and CEO, Tudor Investment Corp.
- Peter D. Kiernan III, President and Partner, Cyrus Capital Partners
- Marie-Josée Kravis, Senior Fellow, Hudson Institute, Inc.
- Kenneth G. Langone, Chairman and CEO, Invemed Associates, Inc.
- Mary McCormick, President, Fund for the City of New York
- Doug Morris, Chairman and CEO, Universal Music Group
- Daniel S. Och, Senior Managing Member, Och-Ziff Capital Management Group
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Actress
- David W. Puth, President, The Eriska Group
- Diane Sawyer, Co-Host, Good Morning America and Primetime Thursday
- Alan D. Schwartz, President, The Bear Stearns Companies Inc.
- John Sykes, President, Network Development, MTV Networks
- Harvey Weinstein, Co-Chairman, The Weinstein Company
- Robin Hood Foundation:Targeting Poverty in New York City. Robin Hood Foundation.