State Street Corporation
|Founded||1792; incorporated in 1969|
|Key People||Joseph (Jay) Hooley, Chairman, President and CEO|
|Website||State Street Home|
State Street Corp. is a global financial services company founded in 1792 (and incorporated in 1969), based in Boston, Massachusetts. State Street is the holding company for its two subsidiaries:
- State Street Bank and Trust, which provides provides investment banking and investment servicing for mutual funds, collective investment funds and other investment pools, corporate and public retirement plans, insurance companies, foundations, endowments and investment managers; and
- State Street Global Advisors (SSgA), which offers asset services, such as securities lending, investment research, and ETF management. SSgA invented the exchange traded fund (ETF) vehicle in 1993, and currently manages over 50 ETF products, including its flagship S&P 500, the Standard & Poor's Depositary Receipts, or "SPDR" ETF. 
- State Street Global Markets is the investment research and trading arm of State Street. It offers specialized research, trading, securities lending and portfolio strategies.
- State Street Global Exchange (SSGX) is the company's trading arm.
As of December 31, 2012, State Street had $24.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration, and $2.1 trillion in assets under management.
On September 13, 2013, State Street's swap execution facility, SwapEx LLC, was granted temporary approval by the CFTC. In December 2014, it decided to withdraw from the swaps clearing business, and announced it would not expand its clearing business in Europe. The company had had some setbacks, including Pimco pulling its futures-clearing business in October 2014.
In March of 2016 State Street announced it would shut down its FCM business, relocating 50 people, and focus on its core businesses.
- Joseph (Jay) L. Hooley, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Joseph C. Antonellis, Vice Chairman
- Jeffrey N. Carp Executive Vice President, Chief Legal Officer
- Christopher (Chris) Perretta Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer
- Edward J. Resch Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- Michael F. Rogers Executive Vice President, Head of Global Markets and Global Services, Americas