|Headquarters||Chicago, IL; Columbus, OH|
|Key People||Rick Tomsic, Founder and CEO|
|Products||Futures trading technology|
Tradovate is a technology-centered futures brokerage, offering commission-free trading and a cloud-based platform to active futures traders. The firm was founded in 2014 by Rick Tomsic. Tradovate announced its launch in April 2016. Rather than follow the industry-standard commission structure, Tradovate offers three different flat-rate membership plans that include unlimited transactions per month. 
- Rick Tomsic, founder and CEO
- Ryan Hansen, president, Tradovate LLC
- Brian Weis, president, Tradovate Technologies, LLC
- William Lankford, chief compliance officer
MarketsWiki Education Video, August 2015
"You don't need 20 years in an industry to have vision. Some of the best ideas come from a unique vantage point. Your vantage point... it's not jaded. You don't know how futures technology may be used. You may look at it from a fresh alternative."
The first step down an unknown path takes guts. But if you’ve calculated your risks, you have a chance for outsized rewards. For Rick Tomsic, CEO of Tradovate, that step meant leaving an established position in a managerial program for an eat what you can kill broker gig. A step further down the road and Tomsic occupied a 12 foot by 12 foot office in a house sporting a gigantic satellite on its roof, sweating buckets due to the large monitors while working his 10 phone lines. But it was what he needed to do to fulfill his eventual goal of building trading technology. In this video, Tomsic imparts the need to maintain your drive by both having fun and maintaining your vision.
- Tradovate LLC - NFA ID 0484683
- Richard Regis Tomsic - NFA ID 0278057
- Ryan James Hansen - NFA ID 0335556
- William Cave Lankford - NFA ID 0488151
- Tradovate. LinkedIn.
- Tradovate Launches as First Futures Brokerage with Commission-Free Membership Pricing. Tradovate.
- Tradovate LLC. National Futures Association.