Vision Financial Markets LLC
|Vision Financial Markets LLC|
|Key People||Howard Rothman, president|
|Products||Futures And Securities Brokerage Firm|
Vision Financial Markets LLC is a self-clearing futures commission merchant (FCM) registered with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), that serves both retail and professional traders. The firm says it has partnered with more than 200 introducing brokers, representing more than 500 registered associated persons.
The firm has offices in New York, Chicago, Stamford, Conn. and Santa Monica, Calif.
In September 2013, the CFTC ordered Vision to pay a $525,000 civil monetary penalty for failing to segregate commodity and options customer funds and failing to notify the CFTC and Vision’s SRO of its under-segregation, as well as making misstatements to the CFTC about where and in what manner the customer funds were being held.
In June 2014, the National Futures Association announced it had reached a settlement with Vision in which the company agreed to pay a $1.5 million fine, and would shutter its FCM and reconstitute it as High Ridge Futures LLC. The NFA said it would bar Vision, commodity trading advisor Ace Investment Strategists, and Ace’s principal, Yun-Dee Chang, from NFA membership.
Vision has been the subject of four previous NFA Complaints, three of which charged the firm with failing to diligently supervise various aspects of the firm's operations. 
Vision added to its customer account rolls in October 2012, when the firm was given control of about 15,000 customer accounts from Peregrine Financial Group, valued at about $123 million, during the bankruptcy process for Peregrine. As of July 2012, Vision held $506.3 million in customer segregated funds, up from $415.7 million a year earlier according to CFTC data.
Products and Services
- Howard Rothman, President
- VISION FINANCIAL MARKETS LLC - NFA ID: 0208888
- Vision About Us. Vision.
- CFTC Orders Vision Financial Markets LLC to Pay a $525,000 Penalty for Violations of Customer Fund Segregation Requirements, Failure to Notify the CFTC of its Under-Segregation, and Misstatements to the CFTC. CFTC.
- NFA bars Connecticut futures commission merchant Vision Financial Markets LLC, Virginia commodity trading advisor Ace Investment Strategists LLC and its principal, Yu-Dee Chang from membership. NFA.
- Vision Financial to take control of former Peregrine accounts. Reuters.
- Financial Data for FCMs. CFTC.
- About Us. Vision.