|Key People||Mark Haraburda, CEO; Eero Aleksander Pikat, CTO; Andrew Lowdon, Chief Operating Officer|
|Products||market data and information, charting, websites|
Barchart.com Inc. is a Chicago-based privately-held financial technology company specializing in data services and technology in financial markets.
The firm connects directly to numerous equities, futures, options, indices, foreign exchange and cryptocurrency markets and exchanges worldwide and provides market data, analysis, charts, trading tools and software products.
Barchart's customer-base ranges from financial exchanges to brokers, banks, trading and investment firms, commodities businesses in agriculture, oil and gas, metals, cryptocurrencies as well as media companies. 
Barchart.com, Inc. was officially incorporated on Feb. 8, 2000 in Chicago.
The company's legacy dates back to Logical Systems Inc., one of the first "internet-based financial data providers" which launched the online market data service called Barchart.com in 1995. As electronic trading in financial markets grew rapidly in the late 1990s, the company evolved into Barchart.com, Inc., or Barchart.
Barchart has expanded via acquisition and through organic growth with new technology and services since its inception. In 2001, Barchart acquired the data and charting business from CRB/Bridge, which specialized in research, data and analysis of commodities and futures markets. Commodity Research Bureau, founded in 1934 by Milton Jiler, was a provider of various data products, publications, printed charts, historical data and the well-known CRB Index, later named the Thomson Reuters/CoreCommodity CRB Index. Barchart later transitioned Commodity Research Bureau unit into cmdty by Barchart in January 2019 as part of the cmdty suite of products including its cash indices, DataCenter which kept on of the largest historical commodity price databases, CRB Yearbook of global commodity statistics and economic data and CRB Fundamentals, a collection of current and historical fundamental data.
In June 2006, Barchart acquired United States Chart Company from well-known futures trader Ken Roberts.
The company added to its data services with the 2011 acquisition of Stockgroup Media Inc.'s Financial Tools, its business-to-business services which included private-labeled content for websites and market data feeds. Barchart acquired the Stockgroup name and website domain.
With a strong focus on agricultural markets, the firm launched Agricharts in 2007, to offer market data, plus website hosting and management, web content and real-time quotes for industry firms such as: local cash grain markets, grain elevators, agriculture cooperatives and other agriculture businesses and added a mobile application to it in 2015.
Soon after, Barchart added Grains.com, an online market to connect farmers to grain buyers in North America. Launched in June 2015, the service enabled farmers to view local grain bids and send offers to sell grain such as corn, wheat and soybeans to grain elevators. Users also were able to access futures prices, news and weather information.
The company redesigned and revamped its flagship website Barchart.com in 2016. 
It also expanded its customer base in the media space with a partnership with The Globe and Mail, one of Canada's largest media firms. In the deal, Barchart provides financial content and tools to the company's website.
Data In The Cloud
The growth of electronic trading on exchanges and markets worldwide generated a tremendous amount of data daily: from simple price data to volume, economic data, and other data sets and formats. As such, more exchanges and firms in the financial markets moved to handle the explosion of data using cloud-based services.
Barchart moved into the cloud-based services space for market data and information with the launch of Barchart OnDemand in October 2013. The service used the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud platform, and was designed to collect and deliver massive amounts of global exchange data such as: price information, fundamental and reference data, corporate actions, so-called leaderboards, charts, news and customizable analytical screens.
Access to data via Barchart OnDemand was more efficient and less expensive using a collection of Application programming interfaces (API)s, allowing customers to connect directly to various data sets such as daily, minute or tick data, corporate actions, information on exchange traded funds ETFs and news. In 2015, it added Agricharts to the Barchart On Demand platform.
Barchart followed that up with its participation in the AWS Data Exchange on November 14, 2019. The new Amazon service was designed to make it easy for customers to find, subscribe and use third-party data in the cloud. Barchart was a day-one participant and offered customers on AWS Data Exchange access to more than 3,300 global indexes dating back to 2010, US futures back to 2010 and US equity price data back to 1980.
In May 2016, Barchart promoted Mark Haraburda to CEO of the company from managing director. Haraburda joined the firm in 2007 and helped expand its sales, marketing and establish Barchart's agricultural technology division. He also led the acquisition of Stockgroup Media Inc.'s Financial Tools business in August 2011. Andrew Lowden, who was CEO and chief operating officer, remained on as COO and chairman. Eero Pikat, Barchart president and CTO, remained in the roles at the time.
In 2018, Chris Harrison was named chief technology officer of Barchart, handling the company's technology offerings such as: data feeds, digital products, APIs and software services including cmdtyView. He replaced Pikat, who remained as Barchart president.
Cmdty for Commodities
The company made a further push into the commodities space in October 2017 with the launch of cmdty by Barchart, an online platform offering data, information, trade execution and matching technology. Aimed at firms in the commodities markets, it originally included: proprietary over-the-counter commodity indexes, assessments of the market and commodity news. But more data and technology services have been added to the cmdty by Barchart product suite in subsequent years.
Barchart launched cmdtyView, a commodity research, analysis and trading platform for agricultural market participants in October 2018. The product included analytics, exchange data, cash commodity market data, database of global economic, trade and statistical data and newswires. 
Barchart also folded other legacy business units under the cmdty umbrella via rebranding initiatives. In January 2019, the Barchart Commodity Research Bureau unit was rebranded as cmdty by Barchart.
In February 2019, Barchart rebranded its Agricharts unit as cmdtyConnect, and was integrated into the full cmdty business line of products.
In October 2019, the company announced the cmdty Pricing Network, a commodity pricing service that aims to offer better data and price transparency by collecting and distributing wholesale data from participating member firms in agricultural markets. The service collects information on markets such as grains, fertilizer and proteins. 
Products and Services
Barchart Web sites
Barchart Real-Time Front-End Products
Barchart Content Solutions
- Integrated Financial Web-Content (Including: Quotes, Charts, News, Fundamental Data, Technical Data, Weather and Tools)
Commodity Research Bureau
- End-of-Day Data
- Historical Data
- Printed Charts
- Real-Time, Delayed, End-of-Day, Historical
- Futures, Equity, Forex, Mutual Funds, Exchange Traded Funds 
- Web site-hosting and content for agribusinesses
- Real-time quotes and charts
United States Chart Company
- Educational Services
209 W Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60606
- Best Market Data Newcomer (Vendor or Product): Barchart. WatersTechnology.
- ITA Spotlight: Barchart. Illinois Technology Association.
- History. Barchart.
- New Sources for News and Data on ICOs, Cryptocurrencies. Cointelegraph.
- Data for Commodities Trading – Mark Haraburda. Futuresradioshow.com.
- Barchart CEO Haraburda discusses financial data business and our new partnership. FreightWaves.
- Evolution Of The Marketplace: From Open Outcry To Electronic Trading. FXCM.
- Barchart Acquires United States Chart Company from Ken Roberts Company. Barchart.
- Commodity Research Bureau (CRB) is now cmdty by Barchart. Barchart.
- Barchart Completes Acquisition of United States Chart Company from Ken Roberts Company. Press Release Point.
- Barchart Acquires Stockgroup Media Inc.'s Financial Tools Business. Cision PR Newswire.
- Barchart.com Launches AgriCharts. AgWired.
- How AgriCharts is helping farmers review cash bids for their grain. Chicago Tribune.
- AgriCharts Launches Grains.com, a Marketplace for Farmers and Grain Buyers. Cision PR Newswire.
- Barchart’s President Eero Pikat talks redesigns, data and world-class champagne!. Finance Feeds.
- The Globe and Mail refreshes financial tools with Barchart partnership. Finance Feeds.
- Emerging Technologies in Capital Markets. Futures Industry Association.
- FINRA Reports Explosion in Market Data Volumes in 2018. FINRA.
- Market Volatility Drives FINRA’s Volume to New Record in 2018. FINRA.
- Extensive Market Data Cloud Launched by Barchart - Introducing Barchart OnDemand. PR Newswire.
- Barchart Debuts AgriCharts OnDemand. WatersTechnology.
- Barchart names Mark Haraburda as CEO. PR Newswire.
- People on the Move- Mark Haraburda, Barchart. Crain's Chicago Business.
- Barchart Launches cmdty an Institutional Brand focused on Proprietary Alternative Data Solutions for Commodity Professionals. PR Newswire.
- Solidifying the Brand – Mark Haraburda, Barchart. John Lothian News.
- Barchart Launches cmdtyView to Revolutionize Physical Grain Trading. PR Newswire.
- Commodity Research Bureau (CRB) is now cmdty by Barchart. PR Newswire.
- Agricharts, the leading workflow solution for Agribusinesses, is becoming cmdtyConnect. Barchart PR Newswire.
- Barchart Launches Extensive ETF Fundamental Data Service. Barchart.com.