Patrick H. Arbor
Patrick Arbor is a futures industry brokerage executive who served three terms as chairman of the Chicago Board of Trade in the 1990s. He is a principal in Shatkin Arbor Inc., a CBOT (CME Group) member clearing firm that services local traders.
A Chicago native who began his career as a math teacher, Arbor joined the CBOT in 1965, spending a number of years as an independent trader.
In 1982 he was first elected to the CBOT's board of directors. He served as vice chairman from 1986 to 1988 and as chairman from 1993 to 1999. He led the exchange’s construction of a new trading floor in 1997. During his tenure the CBOT adopted handheld order routing systems. It was also under his leadership that the CBOT formed a partnership with Eurex to provide an electronic trading platform for Treasury futures, a decisive change of course in the exchange’s history. Template:Infobox Midpage Need Sponsor Right
- Patrick H Arbor - NFA ID 0074887
- Shatkin Arbor Inc - NFA ID 0228686
- About Shatkin Abor. Shatkin Arbor.
- About Us. Arbor Investments Inc..
- "Patrick H. Arbor”. www.futuresindustry.org.
- Template:Cite web=http://www.mercyhome.org/site/epage/42173 603.htm
- Board of Regents. Mercy Home for Boys & Girls.