|Key People||Larry Tabb, Founder, Bruce Morris, CEO|
|Products||Financial markets research and strategic advisory firm focused on capital markets|
TABB Group was a financial markets research and strategic advisory firm focused on capital markets. The firms research and consulting methodology, developed by founder Larry Tabb, was based on the idea that first-person knowledge obtained from market professionals is the most effective mechanism for understanding the markets. TABB Group analyzed and quantified the investing value chain from the fiduciary, investment manager, broker, exchange and custodian, as well as the operations that support them.
On Friday, March 13, 2020, Tabb Group’s board of directors announced it had decided to wind down the firm, effective immediately. The announcement cited "dramatic and profound changes in the research business" over several years exacerbated by the shutting down of industry events and conferences in March 2020 because of the novel Coronavirus.
The TABB Group was founded in 2003 and focuses on securities and investment management industry segments, including sectors such as derivatives, equities and fixed income, as well as financial technology.
In 2010, TABB Group launched TabbFORUM, an online community for capital markets professionals that currently includes more than 29,000 professionals who have opted in to the community. In September 2014, TABB Group launched TABB Metrics, the data division of TABB Group, along with Clarity, an exclusive US equities market trading venue and routing analytics (VRA) service.
Anthony Perrotta was named CEO in November 2016 after serving as the firm’s global head of research and consulting.
In February of 2018, Perrotta was replaced with Bruce Morris as CEO and Larry Tabb regained control of the management responsibilities for the research and consulting business.
Areas of Practice
- Financial Markets
- M&A Advisory
- Crisis & Continuity Services
- Education Services
- Larry Tabb, Founder & Research Chairman
- Bruce Morris, CEO
- Terry Roche, Principal, Head of Business Development and FinTech Research
- Monica Summerville, Head of European Research & Senior Analyst, FinTech Research
- Les Kovach, Editorial Director, TabbFORUM
- Dayle Scher, Senior Analyst
- Tim Cave, Analyst
Example Of Reports
In January 2009, TABB Group published the European-focused research report “Clearing in European Equities: Competition and Consolidation,” and said competition in the clearing space across Europe must be accompanied by consolidation to provide a sufficiently robust and commercially viable environment.
- In March 2012, the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) selected CEO Larry Tabb to assist with the CFTC Technical Advisory Committee and become a member of the Subcommittee of Automated and High Frequency Trading (HFT).
- In June 2011, TABB Group principal and director of derivatives Andy Nybo co-authored a report titled "Collateralization and Margin Management: How Efficient is Efficient," explaining the current state of the collateral process and margin management for the OTC space. A Futures Magazine article highlighted shifting business models for market participants in the Dodd-Frank era.
- In May 2007, Jeffrey Linderman joined the firm as a senior research analyst based in the firm's New York office.
- Vision. TABB Group.
- TABB Group Organization Announces Shutdown. TABB Group.
- TABB Group Names Anthony Perrotta, Jr. as Head of Fixed Income Research. InsuranceNewsNet.
- TABB Group Announces New Management Structure, Appoints Bruce Morris CEO. Tabb Forum.
- Press Release. TABB Group.
- CFTC Selects TABB Group CEO Larry Tabb to Join Its Subcommittee on Automated and High Frequency Trading. TABB Group.
- Margin will gain new significance in Dodd-Frank era. Futures Magazine.
- TABB Names Linderman Senior Research Analyst. Wall Street & Technology.